Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence refers to skill
and coordination with movement and doing.
Individuals In this category, are generally adept at physical activities
such as sports or dance and often prefer activities which utilize
They may enjoy acting or performing, and in general they are good
at building and making things.
They often learn best by physically doing something, rather than
reading or hearing about it.
Those with strong bodily-kinesthetic intelligence seem to use what
might be termed muscle memory; i.e., they remember things through
their body, rather than through words (verbal memory) or images
It requires the skills and dexterity for fine motor movements such
as those required for dancing, athletics, surgery, craftmaking,etc.
Careers which suit those with this intelligence include athletes,
dancers, actors, comedians, builders, and artisans.
Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence And Virtual Reality
Those with strong kinesthetic intelligence can be expected to naturally
develop a deeper experience with interactive environments. Such
environments are created to give the participants/performers the
- a kinesthetic narrative
- a haptic experience
- the essence of self-discovery of space
- the suspense created by the exploration of the realm created
by their motions.
The participates develop different personal & independent behaviors.
Participants develop a personal attitude in the event [focused on
different points], such as:
- conscious and unconscious spontaneous reactions
- an excessive will to control the robot
- a mood to improvisation with plethoric body actions
- minimal body expressions trying to explore and understand intellectually
the chain-react system
- playful practices - for example (playing with the sounds they
create and the distribution of their disembodied image)
- as well as many other independent behaviours.
NEXT: Muscial Intelligence
Back To Top